Seamless Scan to CAD Software Solution for the FARO® Design ScanArm
Lake Mary, FL, February 19th, 2019 – FARO® (NASDAQ:FARO), the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for 3D Design announces immediate availability of FARO RevEng™. This advanced software platform provides FARO Design ScanArm and FARO 8-Axis FaroArm® system users with a powerful tool that enables a comprehensive digital design experience (www.faro.com/RevEng). RevEng™ addresses a variety of reverse engineering and design challenges across a range of industries including Automotive Aftermarket, Research & Development, Heritage Preservation, Industrial Machinery, Engineering Services and Computer Graphics.
Best in Class Scan to Design Capability
- Seamlessly scan, capture and display point clouds in color
- Generate point clouds geometrically and visually accurate relative to the scanned object
- Convert the point cloud into a high-quality mesh (i.e., edges, points and polygons that define the geometry of an object)
- Edit and optimize the mesh for further design purposes or make it 3D-printing-ready
Advanced Workflow Optimization
RevEng™ tools and functionality are tightly integrated to assure a seamless handoff of project information, which dramatically streamlines end-to-end workflows.
- Easy to Use: Intuitive icons on a single worksheet saves time and enables a new level of efficiency
- Improved Productivity: Automatic fixing and repair tools reduce the time needed to create the perfect mesh model
- Enhanced Creativity: Easily extract 2D sketches and 3D contour lines from mesh model
- High Quality Output: Allows a trial-and-error-approach to get to the best result for individual projects so users are free to focus on the desired result
One Stop Solution
For design professionals who need to capture high quality color point cloud scans to generate high quality mesh models, RevEng™ displays a clear, true to life color representation of the source items. As a result, users have absolute confidence that exceptionally high-quality information can be edited in RevEng™ or exported to 3rd party software for editing and final model generation.
For users who need to refine mesh models and extract sketch geometry for 3D design activities or 3D printing, RevEng™ delivers a full set of tools to edit and optimize the mesh model. This enables production of the most accurate and efficient digital representation of the scanned object possible. Final output can be a watertight mesh model, mesh shell optimized for 3D printing, or a collection of 2D and 3D curves to feed into the CAD modeling stage of the design workflow. Additionally, RevEng™ includes advanced algorithms that significantly reduce processing time.
"As a solutions-driven enterprise, FARO is focused on our customers' optimizing their investment," stated Thorsten Brecht, Senior Director, 3D Design. "FARO RevEng™ is modeled with this as the core development sensibility. We appreciate that time to market and design flexibility are critical to the success of any design project."